Book Progress

Click to view daily statistics

Kmuzu Gallery

Kmuzu Gallery





Test

May 29, 2008

The Art of It

I am a real art fan and I love to purchase art just about as much as I love to paint it. I particularly like abstract, character art, and simple design and flow. This abstract / cubist was painted by Sandra Siberzweig from the Great White North. Here's her bio: "Sandra Silberzweig is a self-taught Canadian artist whose humor and whimsy flow playfully through the heart of all her works."

I purchased this because I loved the texture and color. There also seems to be bit of humor and playfulness in her work. I also like how the lines flow around in clockwise circle. Your eye is drawn the eyes at the left hand corner.

My next purchase was a pair of watercolor and ink drawings from Turkey. For some reason, I have always been fascinated with Whirling Dervishes. I like the impression of motion and form with these two pieces. It is simple and minimalistic. The colors form around the figures to create a background. I particularly like the strike and twist of the ink.

The mailman looked at me funny when this package arrived from Turkey. It had to be signed for and I had a weird feeling of being watched.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a designer and a writer, but rarely design what I write. I like games - all kinds of games and have always made money at everything my father said was a waste of time.

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

 
© 2008 - [ Twirl ] diseñado por doxs | templates