Book Progress

Click to view daily statistics

Kmuzu Gallery

Kmuzu Gallery





Test

Jun 10, 2008

Great Bands of the 80's

These 80's bands really set the trends for punk and rock that we see today. This was before Nirvana. These were the innovators. Click on the song to see it on YouTube:

Oingo Boingo: Dead Man's Party
Violent Femmes: Blister in the Sun
Talking Heads: Psycho Killer
Strawberry Switchblade: Jolene
Elvis Costello: Veronica
Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams
Sex Pistols: Holiday in the Sun
Queen: Killer Queen
Joe Satriani: Surfing with the Alien
The Knack: My Sharona
Pat Benatar: Hell is for Children
Cheap Trick: I Want You to Want Me
Clash: Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Timbuk 3: The Future's so Bright
Suzanne Vega: Tom's Diner
Kim Wilde: Kids in America
Madness: One Step Beyond
Billy Idol: Rebel Yell
Henry Rollins: I'm a Liar

I know, I go a little bit into the late 70's and early 90's. I hope you enjoy (real) music. Now back to Hannah Montana.

**Addition** After thinking about it for a bit, there are some more bands that have influenced modern day music. I tried to avoid the obvious like Madonna or Chicago. Anyway, Here is the rest of the story.

Prince: Purple Rain
Pretenders: My City is Gone
Katrina and the Waves: Walking on Sunshine
Bruce Springsteen: Born to Run
Blue Oyster Cult: Burnin' for You
The Smiths: Girlfriend in a Coma
INXS: Devil Inside
Joe Jackson: Is She Really Going Out with Him
Psychedelic Furs: Sister Europe
New Order: Blue Monday
Fishbone: Sunless Saturday
The Replacements: Another Girl Another Planet

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a designer and a writer, but rarely design what I write. I like games - all kinds of games and have always made money at everything my father said was a waste of time.

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

 
© 2008 - [ Twirl ] diseñado por doxs | templates