Book Progress

Click to view daily statistics

Kmuzu Gallery

Kmuzu Gallery





Test

Jun 2, 2009

Art of the Bot

I love robots - especially the very large, tall, destructive kind. Machines consumed with some overpowering rage fascinates me.

If computers could experience emotions it certainly would not be the same as us, humans. We fear the unknown - future events that cannot be predicted. To an artificial intelligence the most fearful thing would probably be contradictions.

A man with two watches may never know what time it is, but a robot with two watches goes on a rampage destroying all watch factories.

I just ran across an amazing artist of the bot, Eric Joyner. Joyner went to the Academy of Art in San Francisco and started creating fine art after commercial art became to tedious. He did a stint with Electronic Arts, working on such games as Archon and Bard's Tale. He worked a few years before I got into video games - back when there were only two colors (green and black).

In an interview with Fecal Face, he was asked to describe his art to a stranger,

"I would describe my work as narrative, painterly & realistic with a pop/sci-fi twist. But the truth is, I would never tell a stranger anything. Momma told me not to talk to strangers."

I would describe it as pastoral art of mechanical toys. Of course, it is all very comical, but in a strange way, these cute, Japanese toys convey a truer sense of real human emotion than to paintings of the organic kind.

Interview with Eric Joyner




I do not own nor do I have specific permission to use any copyrighted artwork. All artwork presented here is the original creation of Eric Joyner and he maintains all rights and privileges. Any use of copyrighted material in this post is under the guidelines of "Fair Use".


Tin Robots
Fecal Face

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a designer and a writer, but rarely design what I write. I like games - all kinds of games and have always made money at everything my father said was a waste of time.

Followers

Powered by FeedBurner

 
© 2008 - [ Twirl ] diseñado por doxs | templates